It has been some time since I posted one of these but on the request of Kanav Saraf, a friend I am giving this series a dose of elixir. Similarly, the For The YouTuber In Me series will also follow this post soon. Here I present yet another post for the series Lateral Thinking with totally new bind-boggling questions. 5 have been presented and you have to try and answer them.
The answers have been also been provided below but it is highly recommended that you don’t read them first.
Yet again I repeat. Please refrain from using Google. It may give you the answer but not the satisfaction.
1. Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice all live in the same house. Boband Carol go out to a movie, and when they return, Alice is lying dead on the floor in a puddle of water and glass. It is obvious that Tedkilled her but Ted is not prosecuted or severely punished.
2. You want to send a valuable object to a friend securely. You have a box which can be fitted with multiple locks, and you have several locks and their corresponding keys. However, your friend does not have any keys to your locks, and if you send a key in an unlocked box, the key could be copied en route. How can you send the object securely?
3. Two words, my answer is only two words. To keep me, you must give me.
4. A man is holding a box. Though he cannot see into it, he knows what’s inside.
5. Two men, one big and burly and the other short and thin, enter a bar. They both order identical drinks. The big one gulps his down and leaves; the other sips his slowly, then dies.
1. Alice is a goldfish; Ted is a cat.
2. Put the valuable object into the box, secure it with one of your locks, and send the box to your friend. Your friend should then attach one of his own locks and return it. When you receive it again, remove your lock and send it back. Now your friend can unlock his own lock and retrieve the object.
3. Your word.
4. He’s allergic to whatever’s inside the box.
5. The drinks contained poisoned ice cubes; the man who drank slowly gave them time to melt, while the other didn’t.