This is a guest post by Kristina Ross It is important to learn about black hat hackers if you need to protect yourself from the dangers of losing vital data while surfing the net. Read ethical hacking tutorials written by the above author to know more about internet safety. If you would like to write for TheDolt’s Blog, do read our page Be My Guest; Write A Guest Post.
Using the Internet is a necessity these days because we are now living in a virtual world where millions of vital interactions occur online. The problem that people usually have now is how to use Internet safety when on the web. There are criminals also online and you need to protect yourself from these scammers, hackers, and spammers. Here are some pointers on how to do it.
- Select reliable Internet safety resources
- Choose an internet service provider that provides reliable filters and effective software, which would guard you against Cybercrimes.
- Use software applications with features like filtering features, mobile eyes, inappropriate websites’ blocking that could ensure the safety of anyone using your computer.
- Use total security packages offered by reputed antivirus companies. This could prevent a whole lot of untoward incidents such as prevention of viruses, Trojans, worms, malware, spyware, or even phishing.
- Learn the basics of using the Internet
- Train yourself to be net-savvy, this can help you heed warning bells and detect simple Internet scams.
- Be informed and keep yourself updated on the latest cybercrimes and preventive measures.
- Explore the internet browsers and learn advanced settings, where you can block unwanted sites through which you can guard your children from obscenity.
Useful tips to ensure safe Internet usage
Inform them of the danger of the cyberspace world, like the danger of providing too private information online, like addresses, phone numbers, and names of family members. This information can prove useful to people who want to steal your identity and use it to hack your online accounts or steal your money. Warn them of selecting legitimate sites to sign up with and to set their filter always at the maximum. Limit the time that they can spend in the Internet.