Are you a fan of Trivia? Love those Ohhh’s!! and Ahh’s! after a trivial question? Get ready because you are in for a treat! After the series “For the YouTuber In Me” I am starting another series name “Lateral Thinking“. Few problems will be posed and you have to TRY provide a solution for them. The answers are obvious but trust me, getting to them is very very very easy. Telling the answer though is a totally different story. It’s a downright PITA.
Let’s start for now. Five questions, not difficult. Rather these are the most easy ones I could get hold of. One thing I think I should make clear here is that none of these questions are mine. They have been taken from the mighty internet.
Answers have been posted below but have been encrypted using an an encryption (naming it would defeat the purpose though clicking any of the following answers will reveal the method used). A very basic but amazingly useful encryption. Also, links have been provided for easy access to answers. Clicking the answer will take you to the decrypted answer.
Please refrain from using Google. Googling may give you the answer but not that satisfaction.
In case you don’t want the answers first then you can give your answers as comments and later click the encrypted answer to get to know the answer in the decrypted version.
- You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus.Knowing that there can only be one passenger in your car, whom would you choose?
- An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
- An old friend who once saved your life.
- The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
- A police officer saw a truck driver clearly going the wrong way down a one-way street, but did not try to stop him. Why not?
- A man lives in the penthouse of an apartment building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. Upon his return, however, he can only travel halfway up in the lift and has to walk the rest of the way – unless it’s raining. What is the explanation for this?
- A man buys rice at $1 a pound from American growers and sells them at $0.05 a pound in India. As a result of this he becomes a millionaire. How come?
- A New York city hairdresser recently said that he would rather cut the hair of three Canadians than one New Yorker. Why?
- The old lady of course! After helping the old lady into the car, you can give your keys to your friend, and wait with your perfect partner for the bus.
- The truck driver was walking.
- The man is a dwarf. He cant reach the upper elevator buttons, but he can ask people to push them for him. He can also push them with his umbrella.
- The man is a philanthropist who bought great quantities of rice to sell to poor people at prices they could afford. He started out as a billionaire, but lost so much money in his good works that he became a millionaire!
- Because he would earn three times as much money!
Source: Most problems have been taken from http://www.folj.com/.
Warning : I cannot be held responsible if you may get addicted to lateral thinking problems and ruin your daily social life. In case you don’t agree, please go ahead and sue me.