Jailbreaking/hacking/modding your iPod/iPhone is something that should be done on the very first day it is purchased. Some people believe that jailbreaking will render their device useless if something goes wrong. That is not true. The following points will, I hope, clear some of your doubts;
Breaking some myths about Jailbreaking
- Jailbreaking does not brick (render device useless) a device.
- Even if somehow your iPod or iPhone gets bricked or stops working while you were Jailbreaking it, it can be easily ‘restored to factory settings ‘ using a computer and will be as good as a new one in a matter of minutes.
- Even if somehow restoring doesn’t work you can take it to any Apple service center where they’ll repair it in a few minutes (they don’t care if it’s jailbreaked/broken or not.
- There are no ill effects of Jailbreaking.
- Jailbreaking does not void warranty (I’m sure about this).
- Jailbreaking does not lead to piracy. It’s up to you if you want to use pirated and cracked software or not.
- A jailbreak can be removed anytime without any hassles.
- Your iTunes and App Store account and apps will continue to work like ever before. Jailbreaking does not interfere with either with the App Store or your already purchased apps.
- There is no effect on the performance, battery life or speed of the device.
- You will be able to update your already downloaded/purchased apps from the App store Updates to the iPhone OS can also be downloaded from Apple. Updating will remove jailbreak.
- Your iPod will sync with iTunes as it used to.
- Jailbreak won’t interfere with Genius on iTunes.
- Jailbreaking doesn’t take hours to get completed. Maximum time that you’ll be spending is 2 minutes.
- Jailbreaking does not cause frequent rebooting and/or crashing of the device. Your iDevice will be as stable as it was when it was not jailbroken.
Why you should Jailbreak your device (without encouraging piracy)
- Enables you to use 3rd Party applications (Most are free, supported by advertisements).
- Allows you to change the feel and look of your iPod or iPhone (even iPad) by installing themes, rotating wallpapers, customisable icons, a flowing dock et al.
- Totally new and amazing lockscreens.
- Custom sounds.
- Allows you to Multitask (even a $829 iPad cannot do that).
- File access and management of your device.
- Download stuff through Safari by using a simple add-on.
- Extended TV-Out functionality.
- Make your SpringBoard Landscape.
- Use custom Boot Logos (only on some Jailbreaks).
- Open your device to thousands of user made tweaks, hacks, themes and what not.
- App store on your device will also continue to work.
- Apple will never get to know that you have jailbreaked/broken device.
Why you should Jailbreak your device (Use pirated and cracked software)
- Download every paid App that is available on the App store for free (not through the App store but by other means).
- App store apps can be downloaded right on your device, thus removing a PC from the picture.
- You will be able to connect your device with your PC through Wi-Fi.
- Even the paid apps available on the Cydia Store can be downloaded for free after adding the required repositories.
Plus all the 11 points of the earlier heading.
I have given you thirteen reasons to why you should Jailbreak without encouraging piracy and 18 if you want to indulge in piracy. If these cannot convince you to Jailbreak, nothing will.
I gave you 18 reasons for why to Jailbreak. Can you give me 5 for Why not to jailbreak?